Wednesday, January 22, 2014

...And on the drums!

 When rounding out the rhythm section, one of my first choices was another good friend, Duane Trucks. I met Duane through my years working with Col. Bruce Hampton and the Code Talkers, but we really became friends when we all (Duane, Ted and I) shared a house in Decatur, GA. I am very honored to have Duane’s enthusiastic support on this album and look forward to his contribution!
The band will keep growing and I can’t wait to share more of the other musicians I plan to bring in, with you! 
My eternal thanks to everyone reading for making this possible!

Duane has spent time playing with Col. Bruce Hampton, Soul Stew Revival, Allman Brothers Band (his uncle is Allman Brothers Band drummer Butch Trucks and his older brother is slide virtuoso Derek Trucks)

He is currently celebrating the release of an album he is a part of with a band called the Hard Working Americans featuring Todd Snider, Dave Schools, Neal Casal, Duane Trucks & Chad Staehly. … Check it out! 

2 comments:

  1. I gave what I could, Matt. Excited for you! This is a very cool and innovative way to bring your music to the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for you help, Tyler! Every contribution and kind word has made an impact in my heart and in my ambition to make this album something to be proud of! I hope everyone will enjoy the final result!

    ReplyDelete