Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Album Art and the Beginning Stages

I am very excited to be launching this project and even more excited to start working on it! 
   So much, that I took some time this past weekend to start work on some the album art. I went to this cool, little rock quarry in Cleveland Park (Greenville, SC) where I would spend a lot of time writing and hanging out during my class breaks back in college.  It’s a place that has always held a bit of nostalgia for me and I thought it would be good to include some of these pics and places on the album.
   Speaking of photos, you will notice some pictures popping up of me- these were all taken by the amazingly talented Suzy Perler. She is kind enough to let me use her photos and I couldn’t ask for a better photographer! 
Please check out more of her amazing pictures here: http://www.suzyperler.com

I am possibly going to travel to Atlanta in the next few days to begin the recording process with my friend Ted Pecchio. Ted is one of my favorite bass players and has been playing the role of recording engineer for quite a few years now, in his spare time. We first met when he was playing bass for Col. Bruce Hampton and the Code Talkers back in 2000. I became the road manager and Ted and I became great friends. He went on to play bass with the Susan Tedeschi Band and is currently working on a project with Rich Robinson from the Black Crowes. I will be on tour with Dark Star Orchestra for all of February and I really want to give these recordings my total attention, so I may not get started on the actual recordings until March. If I do end up laying some tracks this week- I’ll be sure to keep you all updated!

Please know, I greatly appreciate your contribution and I still need your help getting the word out so we can meet our goal. I say "we" because you are all a part of this project now and it's depending on US!! I can't do it alone and my network only reaches so far...  Please tell your friends and family about this crowd funding project and please share on every social media site you can! 


Thanks so much! Let's make an album!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking us on this very exciting journey with you. It isn't often that we music lovers get to see this. I can't wait to write a blog about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paula! I can't wait to read it! This is my first blog, so it's a new experience, but I think it will be fun!

    ReplyDelete