Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Working the tunes over!

   It's been a while since my last update- but I haven't forgotten about the blog! In fact, I'm checking in to let everyone know that things are falling into place in really cool ways!
   Last night I was fortunate enough to play a gig in my hometown with Charles Hedgepath and Nicky Sanders from the band Steep Canyon Rangers. I've been excited to announce Nicky's involvement since day one, but I didn't want to jinx things by announcing too soon. But after the gig we had last night, not only am I convinced that he will be a great addition, but he even has suggestions of Asheville studios to record the tracks! This is another part of the album funding budget as it requires me to do work in a second studio. That being said, I feel like his fiddle will add the element this album needs to fill out what I've heard in my head for years! I was able to record the 2 sets last night and I am trying to see if they can be cleaned up, so you can hear them soon- I will make sure to share the tracks. It was the first chance for Charles and Nicky to hear the tunes and I was honored to have those guys playing these songs.
   I've decided to make a few changes in the track list- and of course the length of the album limitations will determine the final choices- but the album will now start and end with the song Pen and Paper (parts 1 and 2)... It's an older song which has lived under the title "Rain" since I was in 9th grade- I've always kinda thought it would make a fun two-parter for an album, so it's taken a few years but it's being added... no final decision on song removals yet :-)...
   Ok- that's all for now! More soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment